My pregnancy was far from easy, from the start at my 12 week scan everything seemed fine until the last 5 minutes when the sonographer decided to do an internal scan just to double check everything was okay. My baby's NT was too high and me and my partner were upset and confused, as we were left in a room to wait for a specialist to tell us what this meant for us and our baby. They pushed for invasive testing, as my baby came back as a 1 in 49 chance of having downs-syndrome. i refused the invasive testing from day 1, i was having this baby no matter what. Throughout the rest of my pregnancy, I had frequent scans to ensure that my baby was growing correctly. Every scan, a new problem emerged, her kidney, her heart, her cord. We were left clueless as consultant after consultant could not tell just what was wrong. In March 2020 I had fortnightly scans to check how my baby was doing and to ensure there was enough fluid. At one particular scan, that my partner was not allowed into due to covid-19 restrictions, there appeared to be something wrong with my baby's cord. the blood flow through the cord didn't appear right to my consultant and I was told to call them immediately if I experienced any reduced movements. This was something that I was aware that I needed too do throughout my pregnancy, however hearing it from my consultant this time, really made me track my baby's movements. I found it very hard to notice any change in my baby's movements, as there was never any pattern and she wasn't the most active. A few days after the scan and after a nice long walk along the beach, I noticed that I hadn't really felt her move. I began doing all the usual things I would do to get her to move: shining a torch, poking my belly, playing music. Nothing worked. I remembered what my consultant had said and rang the maternity unit immediately, despite having thoughts that I was just being silly and it was probably nothing. Everyone I spoke to was so friendly and assured me that I had done the right thing. I went straight in and they monitored my baby's heartrate and movements. My heart sank every time the alarm sounded as my baby's heartrate dropped dangerously low. I was 30+5 weeks pregnant, and so worried about what was happening to my baby. I was put straight onto the delivery suite that evening and given steroid injections, as i was told to prepare for my baby to be delivered that night. Luckily, her heartrate returned to normal and they monitored it throughout the night. The next morning, things were looking good and I was told that I should be able to go home. One doctor that was working that morning wanted me to be monitored for another 24 hours just to be sure, that doctor is the reason my baby is here today. My partner had to go home, due to covid restrictions, as I was put on the antenatal ward. I went for a scan and everything seemed okay. It wasn't until I went back onto the ward and was hooked onto the heartrate monitor again, that it was evident that something was wrong. Her heartrate yet again began to drop dangerously low and within minutes I had three doctors surrounding my bed. I was told that I needed an emergency c section within the next 2 hours. As I was being prepared for the operation, I was beyond anxious, but knew that it would save my baby's life. At 17:35 on 3rd April 2020 my beautiful Lilah Maeve was born and her first cry filled me with love and happiness, as me and my partner burst into tears of relief. She spent 5 weeks in NICU and is now a healthy and beautiful 7 month old. Noticing my baby's reduced movements saved her life. My baby had wrapped the cord around her neck twice in the womb, this is why her heartrate had been dropping so low. If I had ignored the reduction in her movements and and not gone to get checked out, then my story could of ended very differently. I strongly urge anyone to go and get checked out if they notice reduced movements, it could save your baby's life.